Dr Udeybir Singh Chahal
(President, Animal Nutrition Society of India)
Few Words About Us
Animal Nutrition Society of India (ANSI) came into existence under the umbrella of Lord Venkateshwara at Tirupati during Animal Nutrition Research Worker’s Conference held at the College of Veterinary and Animal Husbandry, APAU, in 1982. Thereafter, the society grew exponentially over the years. It has assumed the role of an apex body for the animal nutrition research and its application on the farm/ field and feed industry, with regard to feeding of animals and laying of feeding standards for the different categories of livestock. Today, the society has more than fifteen hundred life members coming from National Research Institutes, State Agricultural Universities, Feed Industries, Cooperatives, Corporate bodies, NGO’s, Private Institutions and abroad.
ANSI functions closely with scientists, farmers, feed industries and is trying to bring these three functionaries at one forum to address the problems of feeding practices, feed resource generation and more importantly, the shortage of quality feeds for livestock. It has a motivational role for both, the scientists as well as the feed manufacturers to create newer innovations in feeds and feeding of animals.
Objectives and Aims
In order to promote the quality of research in the field of animal nutrition and allied sciences, to recognize the contributions and scientific excellence of outstanding personals in this area and also to encourage the budding researchers, Animal Nutrition Society of India (ANSI) has constituted many awards and honors. The awards conferred by ANSI are the following:
- K. Pradhan Young Scientist Award->Download form -> Download Score card
- S.K. Ranjhan Best Doctorate Thesis Award->Download form -> Download Score card
- Mrs. Rekha M. Chandrasekharaiah Memorial Best Master Thesis Award ->Download form -> Download Score card
- S.P. Arora Best Paper Award
- ANSI Outstanding Paper Award
- Fellow, Animal Nutrition Society of India->Download form-> Download score card
- Associate fellow, Animal Nutrition Society of India-> Download from -> Download score card ->Awardee list
- ANSI Best Teacher Award->Download form -> Download score card
- Dr. Tilak Dhiman Best Researcher Award>Download form -> Download score card
- ANSI Best Extensionist Award->Download from ->Download score card
- ANSI Lifetime Achievement Award
- ANSI Industry Entrepreneurship Award
Membership of Animal Nutrition Society of India is open to all individuals who are engaged in the pursuit of Animal Nutrition/feed in the country and abroad.
Categories and terms of organizational membership and privileges of members
- Benefactor Member: Any institution pays a lumpsum of Rs.25,000/- can became a benefactor of the society for a period of 10 years. A Benefactor Organization will have all rights and privileges of an Ordinary Member and shall be eligible to nominate one person as its representative to attend Annual General Body Meetings of the Society.
- Sustaining Member: Any institution contributing a sum of Rs. 25000/- annually can become Sustaining Member of the Society for 10 years. A sustaining Member/Organization will have all rights and privileges of an Ordinary Member and shall be eligible to nominate one person as its representative to attend Annual General Body Meetings of the Society.
- Life Membership: A person interested in the activities of the Society who pays a lumpsum fee of Rs 4000/-, which is Rs. 2500/- for students’ category could become Life Member of the Society. A Life Member will have all the rights and privileges of an Ordinary Member. The Life Membership Fee of Foreign Members for SAARC countries is US $ 100/- and NON-SAARC countries is US $ 150/-
- For Govt. And Public Institutions: Rs. 6000/- is the annual membership fee.
- For agents: Rs.7500/- is the annual membership fee.
Mode of Payment of Membership Fee:
All application forms and other communication may be sent to the Secretary, Animal Nutrition Society of India, Department of Animal Nutrition, College of Veterinary Science, Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana, Punjab (141004) India. Bank drafts/ online payments should be in favour of ‘Animal Nutrition Society of India’ A/c no. 65270556146, SBI, NDRI Branch, IFSC code SBIN0050326 payable at Karnal, Haryana